Christmas was perfect. Perfect food, perfect place setting, perfect everything. I helped out as much as I could but my mom did most of the work:
I got some INCREDIBLE gifts for Christmas this year. I always get a little more down each year because the presents are less and less surprises, but I was so delighted with what I got (and MOST of them were surprises!! 🙂 ) Here’s just a few of the things I got:
- THE FOOD LOVER’S COMPANION! Remember me talking about that??
- An amazing pasta maker and book (or dictionary, really) all about pasta/ pasta-making from my awesome brothers!
- A Nike+ program that attaches to my shoe, along with a watch that I can control my ipod with from the boy. I choose whatever running plan I want, it tracks all my runs, designs playlists for my runs, and shows me my progress and what I need to work on. I am so excited to start using that!
- Clothes/Scarves/other apparel including an adorable billabong peacoat!
- Every time I open up this book I cannot put it down for at least an hour. It is really well written about a woman and her family loving food, enjoying life, and sharing old family recipes for things as simple as potato salad to as diverse as buckwheat pancakes. I absolutely recommend it.
Well, my two weeks of freedom passed much quicker than I wanted them to, but now it is time to really focus on the next 7 weeks I have left of my internship. I cannot believe I only have 7 weeks left! Over my break I made a lot of great memories (involving a LOT of great food) at home with my crazy family as well as a wonderful week with the boy and his family in Boston for New Years. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday!!
Today was a very, VERY slow day. Dan told me that last week they were so unexpectedly busy and they were saying “we need our intern!!!!”. I told him he could have called me, but it made me happy that they thought about me because if I was not doing well there they probably would have said something along the lines of, “Thank God that intern isn’t here….”
Anyway, I did mostly all prep today, which included me slicing 4,572 cloves of garlic paper thin, 126 green beans paper thin, chopping parsley, and chiffonading basil. I may have exaggerated the garlic cloves but I don’t think I exaggerated the beans one bit. The rest of the day was spent with me making those tortellinis that I actually have yet to try. I’m going to have to get on that soon. Well, that was pretty much it for my day today. I’m in tomorrow at 9!
I’m very excited because the boy and my mom are coming up this weekend!! Cannot wait.